23 February, 2013

Notoxbox - February, 2013

 

My Notoxbox for February was super heavy which was pretty exciting.  Everything was packed inside the shipping box instead of inside a separate "presentation" box which fits well with their theme, doing away with unnecessary excess packaging.  I'm pretty happy with this month's box.  There was a good range of different kinds of products and the sizes were reasonably generous.  Inside was:



Blacktea Candle (deluxe sample size)

My favourite item from this box was this candle, closely followed by the cacao powder you'll see further below.  The packaging itself is lovely, it's made of glass with a lid and can be reused for (small) storage once you're finished burning the candle.  The smell was... unusual.  It smelled to me faintly of roses.  The candles are available in Cucumber & Green Tea, White Tea & Ginger, Frangipani, and Black Tea & Lychee.  Mine was White Tea & Ginger but it didn't really smell like that to me.

Olive Oil Soap with Manuka Honey (full size)

This was a really large substantial bar of soap that felt a bit grainy, so I was expecting there was oatmeal somewhere in there.  Actually, there wasn't.  It contains honey, goats milk and olive oil so I have no idea where the grainyness came from.  I really didn't care for the scent.  It was vaguely honey scented I guess, but not a pleasant honey scent if you know what I mean.  It lathered just fine but as I don't care for the smell I've given it to my husband who isn't so fussy about scents.

Spiral Foods Green Pea Chips (full size)

Talk about healthy - these contained just peas and salt so they would be a good option for people on a no-sugar diet.  My husband and I found them to be a bit bland.  They were nice and crunchy but with not much flavour.  I think they could be very good paired with a nice salsa.  Both my kids liked them and polished off the rest of the bag between them.  This was their favourite thing in the box.



Absolute Organic White Quinoa (full size)

This was what was making the box feel so heavy.  I don't actually cook a lot with Quinoa but it is quite expensive so I'm happy to have this on hand to use when a recipe calls for it.

Nutra Organics Super Greens & Reds (sachet)

It wasn't really clear from the packaging what this product is actually for, but they did include instructions to add one sachet to your favourite juice, smoothie or water.  I went with the water option as I wanted to see what the product tasted like on its own.  The powder was an unattractive brown colour but when mixed it turned into a reddish brown.  No matter how long I mixed there were still green floating "herby" bits.  It smelled "herby" as well.  I was skeptical but eventually I tasted it.  It tasted like... nothing.  Honestly it was just reddy brown water with green floating bits.  It looked unappetising and had no flavour at all.  Not a winner.

Power Superfoods Cacao Powder Gold (sachet)

I would have appreciated some instructions as to how to use this product.  I looked through the attached information sheet and the large included brochure but there were no actual recipes.  There wasn't enough in the sample to use in place of cocoa powder in a recipe, so I made a chocolate thickshake with vanilla icecream, a little milk and the powder.  I managed to get enough to make three thickshakes from the powder which the kids loved.  They usually turn their noses up at smoothies and milkshakes but this one they drained.  No suprise there, it was pretty much a dessert in a glass!  Regardless, it was super yummy.

Pukka Love Tea (sachet)

Beautiful packaging, especially on the full sized box which I checked out on their website.  This had a nice floral smell but it just smelled of liquorice root after I brewed it.  It tasted like a weak liquorice root tea too.

Check out other bloggers reviews of this month's box:

Willow Wellness

No comments:

Post a Comment