18 February, 2013

Bella Box - February, 2013

 

Bella Box is here, bringing this month's bit of luxury to my mail box.  Luckily they didn't include any chocolate for Valentine's Day because we're sweltering in the middle of a heat wave.  The box came with Valentine's themed wrapping and product card but missed Valentine's Day by four days.  I got one product I'm extremely excited about, so I'll talk about that one first:



Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Mermaid's Tale (full size)

I think this is the most beautiful nail polish I've ever seen.  Blue/green with big sparkles.  It also says it's chip resistant so I'm trying it without my Seche Vite top coat to see how long it lasts on its own.  I love this so much I think I would almost have been happy if the box was empty except for this one product!

Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush (deluxe sample size)

I've read the instructions, I've watched online videos, but dry shampoos just don't seem to do anything for me.  I've even waited until my hair is completely ready to be washed and used the dry shampoo again, and it just doesn't seem to make any noticeable difference.  I have heard that dry shampoos are good for adding texture to fine straight hair, and as mine is thick and wavy that's not something I've ever had to worry about.  Blush does smell pretty at least.

U Skin Solutions Clarifying Cleansing Gel (sample size, enough for two applications)

This smells amazing.  I think there's Lemon Myrtle in there which is my favourite thing of all time.  Just try one of Haighs Lemon Myrtle Creams and you'll see what I mean.  Yum!



Banana Boat Sport SPF 30+ (sachet)

Luckily this was the bonus product because sunscreen is a bit of a non-event for me.  I'm just not excited about it.  It's more of a medicinal product.  We'll use the sachet next time we want sunscreen, but I just can't get all revved up about sunscreen.  It's just... sunscreen.

John Frieda Frizz Ease Dream Curls Curl Perfecting Spray (deluxe sample size)

This product is right up my alley.  I have thick wavy hair which can be coaxed into a curl with the right product and preventing frizz is always on my radar.

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Oil (deluxe sample size)

I got a really decent amount of this - 10ml is enough oil to last a long time as a little bit goes a long way.  I'm most excited to try this on my hair, but as I tried the John Freida product I'm not due to wash my hair again for a few days and I don't want to wait that long to post this review.  So I tried the oil on my legs instead.  It leaves a shiny film which actually looks quite nice, very "beachy", and would be good to wear if you're planning to wear a miniskirt and bare legs.  The scent is subtle but quite pleasant.

Check out other bloggers reviews of this month's box:

Laura Lam
The Ainsleeyx
Luxury on the Lips
The Beaute Buzz


No comments:

Post a Comment