03 March, 2013

Eco Box - Summer, 2012

 
For some reason Lust Have It have decided to send me the Summer, 2012 Eco Box today.  That is, the first day of Autumn, 2013.  I'm expecting them to send the Autumn box pretty soon so this is fairly strange.  I'm presuming they had a few left over and wanted to get rid of them.  I'm happy with the products, it just seems a bit silly to be sending them so late.  As in three months after the box was released!  It also contained three different facial cleansers, hence this review only going up three days after I received the box as I wasn't going to cleanse my face more than once a day just to test all the products quickly.  Here's what was inside the jute bag:
 
 
Kuu Konjac Deep Cleansing Sponge (full size)

Here's a new thing.  It's a big red spongie thingie.  On the back of the packet I noticed that it was suitable for sensitive skin with rosacea so I was really interested to try this as they are both skin concerns I have.  I really didn't like touching the sponge.  The texture and colour reminded me of raw meat.  When I used it cold water oozed out of the sponge and ran down my arm which was quite unpleasant.  To top it off, it didn't clean at all.  The sponge failed to remove any of my makeup so I can only conclude that this sponge is only suitable to clean you face when it is already clean, which completely defeats the purpose.  I suppose it was gentle as advertised, but so gentle it didn't actually clean anything.  Not recommended.  It's going in the bin.

The Organic Skin Co. Freshness Juniper Berry Face Wash (deluxe sample size)

This was just OK.  I didn't really care for the smell.  It did an OK job of cleaning - it removed my makeup but didn't completely clean the pores around my nose which to be fair a lot of cleansers have trouble with.  I only needed to use a little bit of the product, so a full sized tube would last a long time.  I did appreciate that the packaging suggested doing a patch test before using for the first time.  I do that as a matter of course after having a bad reaction to another cleanser, but this is the first product I've seen that actually suggested it on the pack.

The Organic Skin Co. Brightening Almond Seed Face Exfoliant (deluxe sample size)

I didn't like the smell of this, but it cleaned relatively well and was suprisingly gentle for an exfoliant.


De Lorenzo Elements Earth Mud Slide Styling Creme (full size)

My husband tried this as I have long hair and this is a styling product to "add texture and shape to short hair".  It also says it can be used to get a high shine finish on a classic up-do but I don't care for that kind of look as I think it makes the hair look greasy.  My husband, however, spikes his hair up every day with various styling products so this was a good fit for him to try.  This product sells for $24 so he was pretty pleased to get a full sized one from my box.

Earthly Body Hemp Seed Hand and Body Lotion (full size 3oz, they also sell an 8oz version)

Lovely and thick this was really hard to get out of the bottle.  Their 8oz version comes with a pump which would have been perfect.  The cream really did smell a bit crisp and fresh, they called the fragrance Cucumber Melon.  It's a nice change from my usual sweet smelling creams.  It was absorbed very quickly and left a slightly sticky film on my hands.  I appreciated the nice big size they sent, it should last me a while and I use hand creams multiple times a day so I go through quite a lot.



Dr Hauschka Melissa Day Cream (small sample size)

I really liked this.  I thought the sample size was too small to be any good, but when I tried it I realised that a tiny bit goes a long way so the tiny 5g sample will actually be enough for many days application.  It smelled AMAZING and was absorbed almost instantly so it was great to apply just before foundation application as there really wasn't any waiting time.  I also appreciated that this product was suitable for sensitive skin, which I have.  I'm finding that the Eco Box has a lot more face products that I can actually use, as opposed to the mainstream Lust Have It box which has less products suitable for sensitive skin.  This product is quite pricy for the full sized cream, but it's pretty tempting to purchase one when I've used all the sample.

Aphrodite Shimmer Powder in Orchid (full size)

So messy to apply, there was no sifter on the top of this loose powder so it was really hard to get only a little bit on my makeup brush.  They should look at the way Everyday Minerals packages their loose mineral powder eyeshadows which are much easier to use.  The shade "Orchid" doesn't appear on Aphrodite's website, but as my box came so late perhaps it has since been discontinued?  It's a really pretty highly shimmery light brown which looks lovely.  I quite liked it dotted with my finger in the tear duct area combined with a less shimmery brown on the rest of the lid, though I tried an all-over shimmer look which was quite pretty too.

I liked the jute bag this box came in by the way.  There's no logo on it so it's very reuseable.  I used this season's bag to store my kids snap cards.  Those cardboard boxes get ripped really easily.  I'd like to see them rip this!

Check out other bloggers reviews of this season's box:

The Beaute Buzz
Mitzi Sparkles
Sweetaholic Beauty
Matilly Rose's
Kitsch Snitch





No comments:

Post a Comment